Information on bringing your dog to Moorland Cottages
Visit Ryedale – North Yorkshire Tourism Website
Self-catering accommodation on the North Yorkshire Moors
Heather Cottage was refurbished for 2014
- Moorland Cottages are set in the heart of the picturesque North Yorkshire village of Hutton le Hole, famous for its meandering beck, old stone cottages and the expanse of common land kept well groomed by the resident sheep.
- Our three, 4 star self-catering and pet friendly holiday cottages, Moorland, Heather and Byre provide the ideal base for touring, walking, cycling and exploring moors, coast, vale and dale.
- All our cottages are furnished to a high standard, immaculately presented with all the facilities necessary for you to enjoy a comfortable and relaxing stay. The cottages have been sympathetically converted from old farm buildings, providing a cosy and well maintained home from home – renovations have been taking place over the past few years which included new kitchens and bathrooms and the all important dishwasher! Two of our cottages are on ground level with easy access for guests with limited mobility.
- We are superbly situated for exploring moors, coast, vale and dale – the nearby towns of Pickering, Kirkbymoorside and Helmsley and the historic City of York. Coastal towns of Whitby, Scarborough and Filey are within easy reach and Flamingo Land Theme Park is a mere 15 minutes drive away. Castle Howard, Rievaulx Abbey, Goathland (famous for Heartbeat) the North Yorkshire Moors Railway, Danby Moors Centre to name but a few….all favourite attractions amongst our visitors.
- We have the very popular Ryedale Folk Museum on our doorstep, tearooms, craftshops, galleries and our own chocolate factory within the village. The well established village pub ‘The Crown’ provides a warm welcome with a menu of hearty home cooked food. There is an occasional Sunday car boot sale within the village at various dates through the summer months.
- We can accommodate up to 2 dogs per cottage (at a small additional cost) and have a grassed area suitable for exercise off the lead. Cyclists are more than welcome with ample storage for bikes and equipment. They many cycling trails at Dalby Forest are only a 20 minute drive away. Walkers are well catered for in the area with fabulous, scenic walking on the doorstep. There is a boot room available on site where you can dry and store your boots and outdoor clothing.